Wednesday 10 May 2023

CTMH Australasian Blog - Hey Handsome

Hi everyone, and welcome to our 'Hey Handsome’ Australasian 'Blog Hop'. 

If you've arrived here from Maz Wood - aMAZing Creations, then you're in the right place.

If you've landed here by accident, then welcome to the fun! Please join in by following the link at the bottom of this blog. 

'Hey Handsome' is the name of the featured paper suite this month. You can rightly assume from the title, that it has a more masculine feel to it, but the papers are very useful for any number of projects.

The project I'll share today has been put together from the 'Hey Handsome Scrapbooking Kit'. The scrapbooking kits that are available within each paper suite released, include the paper pack and sticker sheet, but also offer extra printed papers, a selection of co-ordinating cardstock, photo place holders, extra die-cuts for pages, and some form of embellishment. They really are good value!

My first project is celebrating my brother turning 60. The jersey he was wearing was a striped pattern, and included that paprika colour that is also in some of the Hey Handsome papers. Just wait until you see photos of the cake! And I can tell you it tasted as good as it looks!

I started with a three strip background, on both pages in a double page layout.

The middle strips are one piece cut in half, so the words line up properly and make sense. The outside strips are the evergreen printed paper and the middle, lighter paper is one of the extras that came in the scrapbooking kit. It provides a muted look, without being the stark white of white daisy. 

Once I added the photos, I chose some thin cuts to make some shapes out of to use as embellishments. These included the balloon, the stitched brackets, and pie graph set, and also the circle and stitched outline from the circle shaker window.

 

 

In addition to the scrapbooking kit, I also incorporated the 'Big Bro' embellishment from the digital artwork. I love the way the digital artwork adds the extra options for us to use.

 

 The embellishments that came with the kit were black acrylic shapes, and I dotted a couple around at the end, along with some relevant stickers from the sticker sheet. 

The finished product looked like this.....

 
Here's another couple of close ups.....
 
There us a process video, available on my YouTube channel if you're interested in more detail.
 
The 'Hey Handsome' range of papers, cardstock and embellishments are available in the current seasonal catalogue which runs through to the end of June, while stocks last. Contact your CTMH consultant to order. 

If you don't have a consultant and live in New Zealand, please contact me, or place an order through my website. 

You can also join me on Facebook and Instagram to see more crafty creations. 

I'd love it if you left a comment below, before heading off to Doris Taylor - Creative Inspirations. 

Thanks for reading. 

Cheers for now. 

Happy crafting. 

Lynda


 
 


7 comments:

  1. It looks like a great celebration, and lovely layout, but most of all, I love the look of that cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and that is a pretty special cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the little details you've added into the layout. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Stamping on a photo with CTMH inks.

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last blog (September 2023), but hey....New Year, new pl...