Friday 20 January 2023

CTMH Australasian - Love is all you need - Blog Hop

 

Hello, and welcome to our 'All you need is Love' Australasian 'Close To My Heart' Blog Hop. 

If you've arrived here from Maz Wood - aMAZing Creations, then you're in the right place.

 

If you've landed here by accident, no problem! 

Please join in by following the link at the end of this post.  

With February not far away, there's lots of creative thought around the world for the 

upcoming Valentines Day, often associated with young love or perhaps a secret love, 

and the sending of anonymous cards.

Not so in our house. We have no teenagers anymore, but we will be celebrating our 

38th wedding anniversary in March.

The recent paper pack called 'Now and Forever' is a beautiful collection of designs in a 

colour palette that is right up my ally! So I decided to try and use all of the papers!

Before I share my project though, I think it's worth mentioning that although I've been 

scrapbooking for over 20 years, I have NEVER, EVER prepared a layout in advance 

before today.  

My normal practice has always been to start with the photos and work from there. 

But with no appropriate photos for the theme, I've got out of my comfort zone and 

am now, with a finished layout, feeling incredibly well organised! 

I just have to remember to take a selfie of us both on the 30th March! 

With a base page of Mulberry, I initially trimmed the design paper to leave a half inch frame, 

but then added a layer of vellum in between. 


 

 Nothing is stuck down at this stage.....I just wanted to get a feel for how things would fit. 

My next step was to decorate the heart shape. 

For this I decided on paper tearing, and used a ruler to rip a strip of each design in the 

packet. 

Using the versamat to line things up was helpful, and ensured that the strips were 

reasonably evenly spaced. 

Once the strips were adhered, it was just a matter of turning the heart over and trimming the 

edges.


 So now the layout looks like this.....


 Then it was time for some embellishments and a title. 

For the title, I used the retired postage stamp thin cut to make a mulberry frame. 

The lettering is also from a retired stamp and alphabet, but stamped in Mulberry ink on 

Ballerina paper. 

For the embellishments, they are all off the sticker sheet, but I did use a piece of discarded 

ripped paper to give a base on the bottom right. 

I think that helps to balance the colours used in the different papers. 

 

Finally, I just love the zip strips in this pack too, so I made a co-ordinating card 

(with a spot of paper weaving) that I may give my husband.....or I may just keep it to use on 

the second page if I end up with a double page spread. 

I suppose I could always give him the card and then ask for it back.... 😂

 

This exclusive and beautiful paper pack has a range of matching accessories, including 

stamps, thincuts, co-ordinating cardstock, and even some embroidered embellishments. 

BUT...the whole lot are only available until the end of February, while stocks last. 

Contact your CTMH consultant to place an order. 

If you don't have a consultant and are based in NZ, please contact me or place an order 

through my website. 

I'd love you to leave a comment below, before heading off to the next stop,

Doris Taylor Creative Inspirations.  


 






8 comments:

  1. What a great way to use paper strips, lovely layout & cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great way to illustrate your process in posting .....your LO turned out beautifully and Love the card. I especially liked how you decorated the heart with 'roughed' strips of paper and utilized the zip strips on your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, the decorated heart is so precious and the anniversary card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That strip heart is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Stamping on a photo with CTMH inks.

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last blog (September 2023), but hey....New Year, new pl...