Sunday 25 June 2023

CTMH Australasian Blog - Hello Darlin'



Hello, and welcome to our 'Hello Darlin’ Australasian 'Blog Hop'. If you've arrived here from Doris Taylor - Creative Inspirations, then you're in the right place.

If you've landed here by accident, then welcome to the fun! Please join in by following the link at the bottom of this blog.


We're nearly at the end of this month, so many of you will no doubt already have at least one pack of the Hello Darlin papers, and other bits and pieces from the range.

When I first saw it in the catalogue, it came across as quite a bold red, white and blue combo. We had the Kings coronation still ahead of us at that time, but unfortunately I didn't end up with any photos that would use the paper.


However.....I now have very little of the paper pack left, due to finding so many things that were suited to this colour scheme. I've also really enjoyed the digital artwork with this set. In particular the flower clusters that I've done with both cardstock and vellum.

Here's some examples of my projects with this beautiful range.

My first dive into the packet was coupled with using the 'The future is bright' stamp and thin cuts. 


The layout celebrates the graduation of one of the Assistance Dogs in New Zealand. ADNZ is a charitable organisation that raises, trains and pairs dogs with people in the community who need the help to do everyday things. The dogs are incredibly clever and each is trained to do whatever the person they're matched with needs. 



This dog is Ranger, and as he graduated, he was off to join his young charge. With Ranger by his side, the young man involved is now able to go to the supermarket, and many other places of interest that he wasn't previously able to. 

There is a process video here, if you'd like to watch it.

The video was done for a topic called 'Schools Out' 😀

A few weeks later, I completed the companion page with a process video. 


Whilst I used some red on the page for Ranger, it was only to reflect his scarf (there's a story there!), but the brand colour of ADNZ is dark blue.

So I simply cut the red stripe out of the stripes for this page. 

Using the blue stars on the left hand side links it to the left page, so the double page layout celebrates the three dogs that all graduated on the same day.


The other layout I have done with this paper pack is documenting my time in the Girls Brigade when I was a kid. The colours are perfect, as our uniform was red, white and blue. It was a fun page to put together, and I am particularly happy with the flower clusters, made with the cricut, using the Hello Darlin digital artwork. 



Of course, this  paper is ideal for cards too. I didn't get the card making kit, but have lots of off cuts that I can use to make some special cards. 




I've made a start with this gate fold card. 
The red star paper is the background to the embossed white daisy. 
The flowers along the bottom add a colourful touch, and that is repeated on the inside, making a frame for note writing. 





I also found that the flourish layer stamp set (D2109) has some delightful little rosebud stamps that work really well with this range. I've stamped three on the inside underneath the writing spot.   
There are still workshop and card making kits available in this range, along with PML cards, embellishments, and of course the digital artwork. 

If you don't have a consultant and live in New Zealand, I'd love to hear from you. Alternatively, you can place an order through my website.

You can also join me on Facebook and Instagram, and of course YouTube if you'd like to see more of my projects.

I'd love it if you left a comment below, before heading off to Danielle Edwards - Scrappychicks.

Thanks for reading. 

Cheers for now. 

Happy crafting. 

Lynda













2 comments:

Stamping on a photo with CTMH inks.

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last blog (September 2023), but hey....New Year, new pl...