Monday 20 February 2023

CTMH Australasian - Borders - Blog Hop

 Hello, and welcome to our 'Borders' Australasian 'Blog Hop'. If you've arrived here from Maz Wood - aMAZing Creations, then you're in the right place. 

If you've landed here by accident, then welcome to the fun! Please join in by following the link at the bottom of this blog. 

This blog hop is all about borders. There's soooo many choices of how to create a border, it's hard to narrow it down to just one option. This months 'stamp of the month' is a beautiful border stamp, but I decided to share a border I've made to use in my family album. 

The photos will be from a trip we did to Sydney a few years ago, so my border reflects the skyscraping city we holidayed in.

The products used in making this border are:

- White Daisy cardstock. 

- Stamp pads - Periwinkle and Pewter.

- Mini ink blending foam.

- Irresistable letters.

- Travel Stencil.

 STEP 1:

Taking some white Daisy cardstock, I trimmed it to 3 inches wide. That's not the finished size, but it helps to have some 'wriggle room'. We can always trim it later. 

I then used the blending foam to colour the cardstock with a light covering of Periwinkle, giving the look of a slightly cloudy blue sky with the white behind it.


STEP 2:

The travel stencil has two skyscraping building scenes. So, making sure there was scrap paper underneath, I alternated the two scenes across the cloudy sky, with a firmer and therefore stronger covering of periwinkle. Slightly overlapping the buildings makes for a more continuous look. 



  STEP 3:

Once the border was complete with a row of periwinkle buildings, I then used the stencil again, but in the opposite order, and using pewter ink.





Once finished, It looks like this, and can be trimmed to suit your size requirements. 

I then repeated the process, so I would have two the same to play with. At this stage, I hadn't decided whether it would be a one or two page layout, so I had options.....


Eventually, it became apparent, it would be a two page spread, and after auditioning the borders, I settled on having one border at the top of the left page and the second at the bottom of the right hand page. I also wanted to add the word 'SYDNEY', and chose to use irresistible alphabet (with the dots). 


 

 

Using the blending foam again to colour the required letters pewter, the scrap paper came in handy again, so I didn't get ink on the neighbouring letters that I'm bound to want to use in the future.  






 

Using the T-Square ruler to line the letters up, I like the way the circles that are highlighted on the letters, lighten the look of the pewter.



 

Once finished, the two pages are bordered and ready for the photos to be added......

The stencil, inks and the letters used in this border are all available from the core catalogue.

Contact your CTMH consultant to order. If you don't have a consultant and live in New Zealand, please contact me, or place an order through my website. 

I'd love it if you left a comment below, before heading off to Doris Taylor - Creative Inspirations. 

Thanks for reading.

Cheers for now,

Lynda



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful stamping and shading of the building scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using the stencil to create a border, fits perfectly on your layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create the stenciled
    skyline as a border for you page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing border you have created, it looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete

Stamping on a photo with CTMH inks.

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year! It's been a while since my last blog (September 2023), but hey....New Year, new pl...